Evan Gerber provides some good common sense advice on social media marketing in iMedia Connection.
- Don’t do social marketing unless it’s part of a larger campaign
- Don’t do it unless you’re offering users something truly worth visiting – more than once
- Don’t do it unless you have resource to update and communicate with users
- Be aware that users don’t want too many widgets or Facebook apps on their page
- Weigh up the short term benefits with the long term maintenance requirements
Read ‘Avoid these Facebook faux pas‘ in full.