Great interview with Future’s Stevie Spring in PPA’s Magazine News print mag. Shame we can’t find it online.
- Future’s business model is akin to business publishers in that it fosters close relationships with niche audiences or ‘hardcore hobbyists’
- Ads are a super targeted. Cycling ads appear in a cycling magazine
- Niche advertisers are offered a ‘media nirvana’ the generalist mags only dream of
- Ad revenue is up 50 per cent in the past year
- Its GamesRadar.com site has 12m uniques – The Sun has 10m
- It plans to complement GamesRadar and BikeRadar with MusicRadar
- You can be nice while you’re being an agent of change in a huge organisation
- High cover prices and English language only exports means its doing well overseas
- Sky Movies magazine has a circulation of 3.7m and is ‘partnership publishing’ – which uses Future’s editorial expertise, resources and market knowledge to increase loyalty to a brand
If someone at PPA.co.uk wants to email us a link to the full article, we’d be happy to post it.